Edge Delta Metrics Explorer
The Metrics - Explorer page displays the outputs and values of all metrics ingested and created by Edge Delta, including Kubernetes scraped metrics, metric processing nodes, metric input nodes, and derived metrics.
Metrics (other than log to metrics) are currently in beta. To enable metrics please contact support.
Metrics have the following prerequisites:
- Agent must be installed with the aggregator.
- Agents must be configured with the v3 configuration.
- The Kubernetes Traffic Input node must be added to the pipeline and connected to the Metrics Output node.
- The Kubernetes Metrics Input node must be added to the pipeline and connected to the Metrics Output node.
- To ingest Kube State Metrics, KSM must be deployed in the same cluster as the Edge Delta agent.
- To ingest node-exporter metrics, node-exporter must be deployed in the same cluster as the Edge Delta agent.
- All metric processing nodes, such as logs to metrics nodes, must be connected to the Metrics Output node.
You can filter data using the Filters pane:
- Agent Tag
- Source Type
- Kubernetes Resource Types
Choose a source of Metrics (such as an Agent Tag) and select a specific metric for viewing. Then choose the aggregation type, the Metrics time window, and a grouping.
Note: The types of metrics available in the Metrics window will depend on what Input sources you’ve configured for Metrics ingestion. For example, if you have deployed a Kubernetes Metrics Input Node in a particular Agent Tag configuration then you should see the Kubernetes metrics available in the Metric Name dropdown box, such as
ed_k8s_metric_container_network_receive_packets. For a complete list of Kubernetes metrics ingested by the Edge Delta agent, please see the kubernetes metrics input node.
Click Add Query to view multiple metrics together on one chart. When choosing multiple metrics, the metrics must all come from the same filtered source.
Click Query History to list previously run queries.
Click Inspector to view various aspects of the metrics queries such as the JSON response and the raw data.
Create a Custom Metric Alert
You can create a custom metric alert based on the selected filters. Click Add Alert. Metric Alerts will be available in the Monitors tab in the Edge Delta UI and appear as type